As I sit at the computer in a quiet home watching Rich do some paperwork. I sit and I think, in a few months I will have FOUR children in our home and it will not be so quiet. I am so looking forward to the days of running and confusion. I have been beyond blessed in the last 2 months. Not only was I able to help a friend but I was blessed beyond measure by each one of those children. They have all taught me a thing or two about the to do and not to do.
I was able to see first hand how my bio girls react to someone coming in and sharing their space. It was not good but I watched the adjustment time take its toll and they were all great. I saw boys in my home, I do not have any boys, and I thought it would be fine but I see were I need to MAN UP the room a little before he comes home. I can say for sure the bathroom is boy certified.
I also was able to watch the different personalities come out and how they blended into my own personality. The social workers tell you to read up on different things your children will encounter but I think having the experience I was able to have allowed me to see were I need to read up on what to do as the parent, my own feelings.
At any given time in the last two months I have had six to ten children with me. I know your thinking I am crazy but I loved it. Every child has its own idea of what is acceptable or not. I think I have learned parenting is about loving each child has they need to be loved, but disciplining them with God's book. I have found that no matter who the parents are,Christian parents, you can not go wrong when you put reason to scripture. All the children were very respectful, for most of the time. When I got my feelings hurt God grew me, when I was in the position to discipline I prayed.
Now back to being home at the computer, Rich doing paperwork. Thank God for these moments. LeAnn is on trip with a friend in Tennessee, and Laryssa had a sleepover by a friends house. The house is quiet but I am in His peace with it all. May God bring us the peace and understanding we need for this journey and thank you all for your continued prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment