John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

sitting in HIS timeline

Did you ever sit and hear everything around you? Like you know you are in the room but you have nothing coming out of your mouth. Not that you have nothing to say but nothing is coming out. Today was one of those days for me, I sat at a friends house and wondered if I have a place. I know God had me there for a reason and I wanted to be there but is all I could do was sit and listen. I wanted to scream from the rafters "I am a mother of FOUR!!!!" but then something kept me quiet. Then I got home me and the girls spoke about the adoption and they had nothing...no questions , no worries, and no thoughts. So we ate dinner and then laid down to watch a movie. And there was the feeling again, hush.
I think God is seeing who am I waiting on; the government for a court date or for His provision. Well I know the answer to that HIM. We are totally relying on His provision for this. We entered this adoption with nothing and we keep finding ourselves blessed beyond measure every time an invoice comes in.
Now I realize the cloud I am sitting on is not ignorance it is called His peace. I am so very happy to have all of you praying for this procedure and for the growth of our family. I am blessed with a husband who is very Godly, two bio daughters that are very strong in their faith and two more children waiting to come home and a family who is totally behind us.
The timeline HE drew is so worth sitting on, thank you LORD for your love and grace. Thank you for "being" my all in all.
So I guess He had me sit still today to learn "Lean on ME!!!!!" I can't help but to think of Proverbs and all the fools. I do not want to be seen as or be known as a fool.
Still waiting for our court date...pray for His will please.

2 comments:

  1. As a friend at that table and a friend cheering and praying for you, I see the peace in your post.
    Looking with hope to hearing the court date!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the example you are setting, not just for your family, but for all of us who are waiting on something. Something we really, really want and we know God wants for us, but at the same time, we are still waiting. You are giving me such a great example of the "Be still" part of Ps. 46:10 because "I know you are God".

    Thanks Bridget, for sharing your heart and soul with us, with me.

    Love you girl,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete