John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sit and wonder

Dear friends
I am sitting and thinking back on 2010. I am so amazed how God has put people into our path that helped us in our adoption process, as well as helped me grow SO MUCH closer to Him.
In this past year I have met a number of women and some of their husbands and children. All of which have adopted. Not all from Ethiopia but most. I am so blessed by their stories and suggestions. I have taken everything they have given to me and prayed on it. God had allowed me to use things now and has placed some away for when my children come home.
This summer was a highlight of my year. I was able to be a part of Gods work in such a way I could not ever have planned it myself. I was able to take the talents He gave to me and us them to glorify Him. In the process of this I learned lots of things, one having boys in the all girl house. I never knew how gross yet cool boys are. I never saw the soft side of a teen boy and the mean side of the quiet ones( girls or boys). I have been blessed beyond that I deserve.
The end of the year is hard yet happy for me. I am ready to close this year and say hello to all the new and wonderful thing God has for our family, yet I feel like I am loosing a very special time I had too. I thank all of you out there who I have met, been a part of a get together, and those who I have only seen in a distance one fine day.
This year has been wonderful and well educational. I have grown so much spiritually and have had the pleasure to hurt for His glory. When we first started this adoption I felt God was calling us to a huge plan and I realized I tried to steer the wheel of His ship.After I was knocked into the back seat and submitted to the people who are the professionals and allowed them to do what they know how, God placed before us two beautiful children. I am still waiting the day for our return for them, but I know to be still and rest in HIS arms.
God has been awesome in our life, family , and in me. I thank you all for every prayer you prayed and all your support in every way possible.
I may not know who you all are but I do appreciate everyone of you more than fingers can type.
Thank you all
In Christ Name
Bridget
ps....thank you ((({{{{O}}})))

No comments:

Post a Comment